Effortless full braid with Zascha clip-in extensions
Do you usually wear your hair with clip-in extensions loose? And do you want to wear it differently? Every two weeks? We give you inspiration and tips for a beautiful braid or knot. We’ll start with the most common and simplest, which is a casual basic 3 strand braid. We love this one!
- Brush through your hair thoroughly and make sure your hair is frizz free. Do this by pre-treating your hair with a straightener or curling iron.
- Divide the clip-in extensions in your hair (see: Clip-in Guide) Important! When braiding your hair, it is important that the clip-in extensions are not too close to your hairline (contour). Make sure you have enough of your own hair to cover the extension clips.
Important! When braiding your hair, it is important that the clip-in extensions are not too close to your hairline (contour). Make sure you have enough of your own hair to cover the extension clips.
- This braid starts at your neck. You can plait the braid straight back or at an angle to the side. Especially the last one we are fans of! Divide your hair (at your neck) into three even strands.
- Since you’re wearing clip-in extensions, don’t pull your braid too tight.
- Take with your right hand the right strand and with your left hand the left strand. Keep your thumb on the middle strand. Start with the right strand and skip it over the middle one. Keep your thumb firmly on the middle strand. Then you skip the left strand over the middle strand. Then take the right strand over the middle one again and continue braiding until you reach the end of the hair. Leave about 4 to 5 cm of hair unbraided.
This is a basic technique that is used for different types of braids.
- At the end of the braid you can secure the hair with a hair elastic (do not use rubber elastic by the way, it is bad for your hair!).
- To make your braid with Zascha hair extensions look nonchalant, you can pull slightly on the braided strands. This will make your braid a little looser, chunkier and more beautiful. Do this to each braided piece so that it loosens slightly evenly.
- Voilà! You’ve created the perfect braid! Fix your full braid with hairspray.
Good luck ladies!
Did you know that Zascha clip-in extensions are made from real hair? ( Check out the origin of our hair here!) This makes the extensions blend in very well with your own hair.