Yes, you’ve found the perfect 100% human hair clip-in extensions, worn them a few times and maybe even styled them. Amazing! But then… after a while, just like your own hair, the extensions long for a nourishing wash. Which shampoo and conditioner are best to use for extensions? Of course, we all have our favorites, but we’d love to help you along with some of our favs! ☺️
Do not wash your extensions too often
We advise you not to wash your extensions too often. Zascha hair extensions are naturally a dark color (Indian Hair). In the factory they go through an intensive process to give them the right color and structure. That’s why your clip-ins require some extra love and attention, so taking good care of them is crucial. Only wash your extensions when you really need to, if you want them to last as long as possible. A guideline for this is to wash them after every 15 to 20 wears. If you use a lot of products in your extensions, like hairspray, it’s probably necessary to wash them a little more often. You’ll get the best results if you use a shampoo, conditioner, mask and/or serum from the same line. Your (clip-in) extensions are quite the expense, so we hope that you’ll be able to get the most out of your purchase and enjoy them as long as possible.
Which shampoo do we recommend?
We, the Zascha Hair girls, are very enthusiastic about the Alterna Moisture line. That’s the reason why – out of all brand lines and products – we’ve added these to our collection. The Alterna Moisture line is very suitable for your extensions, but also for your own hair. Every wash, this shampoo and conditioner give your extensions a big hydration boost, which helps them to maintain their shine and vitality without weighing down the hair. The products are available in full-size (250ml) and in minis (40ml) to try them out.
Step by step
Now that we’ve introduced you to our favorites, it’s SHOWTIME! Take your time, put on some singalongs and go for it!
- Wet the hair weft by weft with (luke)warm water.
- Apply a small amount of shampoo in your hand. This can be as desired, but we recommend not to use too much shampoo, because everything you apply has to be rinsed out again.
- Take a weft in your hand and from the top, carefully start making rotating movements on the hair with your thumbs. Lather and work your way down. Don’t rinse the weft just yet, but put it aside.
- Take the next weft and repeat this step until you have gone through all wefts.
- Now carefully start rinsing the wefts piece by piece until you no longer see any foam.
- Grab your conditioner and apply it in the same way. Except, you don’t start at the roots of the wefts, but in the middle of the hair, and work your way towards the ends.
- Let the conditioner sit for about 5 minutes. That way, the hair receives the optimal care.
- Rinse the conditioner weft by weft with (luke)warm water.
- Pat your hair dry, avoid rubbing heavily. This will tangle the hair and cause frizz.
- Make the hair tangle-free by gently brushing through with a wide-tooth comb. Always start at the ends and slowly work your way up.
*What is the best way to dry my clip-in extensions?
It’s extremely important to let the hair air-dry. This prevents frizz and dehydration. When you’ve finished rinsing the hair, you can pat it dry with a towel or squeeze out the excess water. It’s important to avoid friction by rubbing heavily. This will damage the hair. You can hang them on a hanger made for pants or lay them on your heater with a soft towel underneath.
Store, Protect & Travel
Neatly storing your hair is just as important as the proper care. This is why we’ve designed the Velvet Storage Bag. The Velvet Bag is made of a luxury velvet fabric, decorated with golden details. The hanger is made of wood with a soft strip on the inside, to protect your extensions. The luxury travel bag that makes life easier. Travel and store in STYLE!✨
Do you want the cherry on top, haircare wise? Then definitely start using the Alterna Caviar Replenishing Moisture Masque. It’s most important ingredient is Caviar Extract. This is a rich source of Omega 3 acids and improves the moisture balance, shine and resilience of the hair. Are you using the mask in your own hair? Then once a week is sufficient. Are you using the mask for the extensions? Then you can use them when you’ve had your extensions for a longer period of time and when they’re getting a little dry in the ends.
- Apply a small amount onto damp hair after washing.
- Make sure there’s no excess water in the hair.
- Let sit for 5 minutes (or longer!) and rinse thoroughly.
Apply this in the middle of the hair and work your way down to the ends. Let the hair soak up the mask for a bit before rinsing it out with lukewarm water. If you apply this product too close to the roots, it can weigh the hair down which makes styling harder.
Speaking of Styling:
Before you dive in with your straightener or curling iron, we recommend applying some Dry Oil Mist in the ends of the hair. The special thing about this product? The Dry Oil Mist is a treatment AND heat protectant in one! This delays the dehydration process in the ends, so you can enjoy your luscious locks even longer. The Dry Oil Mist is 147ml excl. packaging.
The Dry Oil Mist is free of parabens and sulfates, and protects up to 230 degrees. When used in the ends only, it won’t weigh the hair down. What are you waiting for!
Our extensions are ‘Natural Straight’, which means that the hair is straight upon delivery but might become slightly wavy after washing. All our extensions are made of 100% real human hair and therefore you can curl and straighten them with curling irons or carmen sets. There are a thousand and one ways to curl and straighten your set. We’ve explained the most used way in this blog:
Hopefully, we’ve been able to educate you a little on the world of haircare products. We are very enthusiastic about the above mentioned products. If you prefer to use other products, please make sure to use a nourishing shampoo. We definitely recommend using shampoos with ingredients such as Argan oil! Do you use a shampoo with keratine for your own hair? Avoid using this for your extensions. We’ve learned from experience that our extensions don’t react well to this.